Marshall County Treasurer
122 North Prairie St.
P.O. Box 328
Lacon, IL 61540
Phone: (309) 246-6085 #2, #2
Fax: (309) 246-6101
Office Hours: 8:30am – 4:30pm, Monday – Friday, Closed Holiday’s
The Marshall County Treasurer’s Office sends notices and collect fees for Rabies Tags. All Marshall County residents are required to register their dog or cat with the Treasurer’s Office. Online payments can be made by going to the Home page, clicking on Make a Payment, under the Treasurer Payments click on Rabies Tags. There is a convenience fee for making a payment online. A current rabies certificate must be submitted with your payment. Please send your current rabies certificate copy to us by mail Attn: Animal Control, PO Box 328, Lacon, IL 61540, fax at 309-246-6101, or email your rabies certificate to firstname.lastname@example.org. There is $25.00 fee for a returned payment.
Sealed Bid Auction
The County holds a sealed bid auction sale for the County Trustee, for more information on this sale please look at their website: www.iltaxsale.com.
General Information on Tax Bills
Taxes may be paid in full in one payment or in two installments. No Partial Payments. Your canceled check will serve as your receipt. Please bring entire bill when making payments. Cash payments must be made in person. Do not send cash in the mail. Tax bills are mailed out with two stubs on the bottom of each bill the first installment and the second installment, with the due dates located on each stub.
Due dates are shown on front of bills and interest will be added at the rate of 1 ½% per month for all real estate property effective on the first day following each due date until tax is sold or forfeited. Parts or fractions of a month shall be considered as a month. Late payments which do not include penalty will be returned. The County Collector will not be responsible for, failure to receive tax notice, or any omission of property or for the payment on wrong tracts or lots. Neither failure to receive a tax statement, nor receiving one late will relieve the taxpayer from paying the taxes or any penalties which may become due. If you are not responsible for payment of this bill, please forward to owner, bank, or mortgage company responsible for payment or return it to the County Collector’s Office.
Advertising costs will be added to each delinquent bill. N.S.F. checks void a receipt and a $25.00 charge will be made by the Collector. The collector may refuse a check anytime, if any prior payments were NSF (35 ILCS 200/20-25).
Tax Bill Payments
All payments must be accompanied by the proper payment stub.
At Participating Area Banks
- Camp Grove State Bank
- First National Bank of Lacon
- Heartland Bank and Trust Co.
- Hickory Point Bank
- Mid America National Bank
- Morton Community Bank – Lacon, Speer, Toluca & Washburn
- Eureka Savings Bank
Banks cannot accept payments after the 2nd due date. Payments must then be directed to the County Collector’s Office.
In Person at County Collector’s Office
- Hours 8:30a – 4:30p Monday-Friday
- Closed Holidays
- PAYABLE/MAIL PAYMENT TO: Marshall County Collector
- Cynthia A. Nighsonger – Treasurer
P.O. Box 328
Lacon, IL 61540
By Credit Card
- A 2.95% convenience fee is charged for using the phone or internet.
Tax District Settlement Reports:
- 2021 Tax District Settlement Report by district
- 2020 Tax District Settlement Report by district
- 2019 Tax District Settlement Report by district
- 2018 Tax District Settlement Report by district
- 2017 Tax District Settlement Report by district
- 2016 Tax District Settlement Report by District
- 2015 Tax District Settlement Report by District
- 2014 Tax District Settlement Report by District
- 2013 Tax District Settlement Report by District
- 2012 Tax District Settlement Report by District
- 2011 Tax District Settlement Report by District